Green Lantern: John Stewart - A Celebration of 50 Years
by Geoff Johns (Author), Len Wein (Author), Dave Gibbons (Illustrator)
Five decades after his first appearance, this volume collects the greatest moments of the ground-breaking, fan-favorite Green Lantern, John Stewart!
Created by comic book legends Dennis O'Neil and Neal Adams, John Stewart changed both DC's fictional universe and the comics industry itself. Introduced as a substitute for Hal Jordan, DC's primary Green Lantern, John Stewart was DC's first Black superhero, and over the years grew from a back-up player to a main character and arguably the most recognizable Green Lantern. Stewart starred in the Green Lantern series for a time and later his own series, Green Lantern: Mosaic, and was featured in other media adaptations including the beloved Justice League cartoon.
Fifty years following John Stewart's debut, this collection highlights the character's greatest moments over the decades--both space-faring and Earth-bound--from his first appearance in the legendary O'Neil/Adams Green Lantern run, to taking over from Hal Jordan as Earth's Green Lantern, and being rechristened as the first mortal Guardian of the Universe.
This volume includes Green Lantern Vol. 2 #87, #182, #185, Green Lantern Vol. 3 #74, #156, Green Lantern Vol. 4 #49, Green Lantern: Mosaic #18, and Justice League of America #110.
Hardcover, 360 pages
Release date: June 22, 2021
Pre-order here (Amazon).
Note: all DC Comics regular titles stop for two months (January and February 2021) they will return in March, Future State replaces them with stories which flash forward to a set of possible futures for the DC Universe, showcasing new talent and new concepts of classic characters.
DCEASED: DEAD PLANET #4
written by TOM TAYLOR
art by TREVOR HAIRSINE and GIGI BALDASSINI
cover by DAVID FINCH
card stock variant cover by FRANCESCO MATTINA
card stock movie homage variant cover by INHYUK LEE
ON SALE 10/6/20
$3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 4 OF 7 | FC | DC
CARD STOCK VARIANT COVERS $4.99 US
Time is running out for the Justice League to unlock the Anti-Life cure as they face a deadly new threat on Earth—in addition to the billions of the undead! Their final desperate attempt at finding the cure will take them off-planet for the greatest heist in the history of New Genesis!
DC Poster Portfolio: Greg Capullo TP
Art And Cover By Greg Capullo
ON SALE 03/02/21
$24.99 US | 42 PAGES | 12” x 16” | FC | DC
DC spotlights top cover artists with the new Poster Portfolio series, continuing with era-defining superstar Greg Capullo! This collection includes 20 of Capullo’s most memorable DC images, highlighted by his years on Batman and his DC Universe-rocking events Dark Nights: Metal and Dark Nights: Death Metal!
Printed on heavy card stock paper at a big 12 inches by 16 inches, the pages of the Poster Portfolio are easily removed from the binding and are suitable for framing.
JSA By Geoff Johns Book Four TP
Written By Geoff Johns And David Goyer
Art By Leonard Kirk, Stephen Sadowski, Patrick Gleason, Keith Giffen, Peter Snejbjerg, And Others
Cover By Michael Bair
ON SALE 10/20/20
$39.99 US | 352 PAGES | FC | DC
Geoff Johns’s epic JSA run continues as heroes from around the world are vanishing, the JSA is divided, and the team is vulnerable to the threat of Vandal Savage! In the Ultra-Humanite’s latest world-conquering scheme, heroes from around the world—including members of the JSA—are vanishing, and those who remain must forge an unusual alliance with the Icicle to save the day. And with the JSA divided, handling multiple matters in different eras, several heroes find themselves in ancient Egypt, fighting the immortal villain Vandal Savage and an earlier incarnation of the powerful Black Adam. However, Power Girl and Dr. Mid-Nite also have their hands full with separate cases. Collects JSA #32-45.
Justice League International Omnibus Vol. 2 HC
Written By Keith Giffen, J.M. Dematteis, Len Wein, And Others
Art By Adam Hughes, Mike Mckone, Keith Giffen, Bart Sears, Marshall Rogers, Chris Sprouse, And Others
Cover By Bart Sears
ON SALE 11/03/20
$125.00 US | 1,192 PAGES | 7.0625” x 10.875” | FC | DC
The “bwa-ha-ha” era continues as the writing team of Keith Giffen and J.M. DeMatteis is joined by artists including Adam Hughes, Mike McKone, and more! In these issues, Blue Beetle and Booster Gold open “Club JLI,” G’nort takes center stage against the Scarlet Skier, Martian Manhunter and Guy Gardner battle Despero, the Justice League International teams up with Justice League Europe, plus much more! Collects Justice League America #31-50, Justice League America Annual #4, Justice League Quarterly #1, Justice League Europe #7-25, Justice League Europe Annual #1, and Justice League International Special #1.
BLACKEST NIGHT BRIGHTEST DAY BOX SET
written by GEOFF JOHNS, PETER J. TOMASI, and others
art by IVAN REIS, PATRICK GLEASON, and others
new box art by IVAN REIS and OCLAIR ALBERT
A war has been brewing between the different colored Lantern Corps, with the Green Lanterns fighting the Yellow, the Red trying to destroy everything, and the Blue attempting to broker peace among the tribes. But the real battle is yet to come: the undead Black Lanterns are coming and seemingly nothing can stop them. Putting aside old vendettas, it’s up to Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps to lead DC’s greatest champions as well as their deadliest foes in a battle to save the universe from an army of the dead. Then, once dead heroes Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Firestorm, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Deadman, Jade, Osiris, Hawk, Captain Boomerang, and Zoom must discover the mysterious reason behind their return and uncover the secret that binds them!
This eye-popping box set includes 12 brand-new hardcovers that collect this entire epic, featuring stories by top DC talent including Geoff Johns, Peter J. Tomasi, Ivan Reis, and many more!
Plus, this box set also includes a set of nine plastic rings from across the spectrum of the many Corps that are a part of this story!
ON SALE 11.17.20
$299.99 US | FC
Includes 12 new hardcover collections!
• Blackest Night: Prelude collects Green Lantern #26-28 and 36-43, and Final Crisis: Rage of the Red Lanterns #1
• Blackest Night collects Blackest Night #0-8 and pages from Untold Tales of the Blackest Night #1
• Blackest Night: Green Lantern collects Green Lantern #44-52
• Blackest Night: Green Lantern Corps collects Green Lantern Corps #39-47
• Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps Book 1 collects Blackest Night: Batman #1-3, Blackest Night: Superman #1-3, and Blackest Night: Wonder Woman #1-3
• Blackest Night: Black Lantern Corps Book 2 collects Blackest Night: The Flash #1-3, Blackest Night: JSA #1-3, and Blackest Night: Titans #1-3
• Blackest Night: Rise of the Black Lanterns collects The Atom & Hawkman #48, Phantom Stranger #42, Green Arrow #30, Adventure Comics #7, Starman #81, The Question #37, Catwoman #83, Weird Western Tales #71, and The Power of Shazam! #38
• Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps collects Blackest Night: Tales of the Black Lanterns #1-3, Adventure Comics #4-5, Untold Tales of the Blackest Night #1, stories from Green Lantern #18-20, 40, and 49, Green Lantern/Sinestro Corps: Secret Files #1, Tales of the Sinestro Corps: Superman-Prime #1, and pages from Blackest Night #0
• Brightest Day: Green Lantern collects Green Lantern #53-62
• Brightest Day Book 1 collects Brightest Day #0-11
• Brightest Day Book 2 collects Brightest Day #12-25
• The Book of the Black collects sketch material (both previously released and new), series proposals, variant covers, posters, Blackest Night outline scripts, and more